Blackwood Engineering Limited is a dynamic, fast growing family business with over 75 years’ experience.
We have become renowned for providing our customers quality engineered castings and counterweights The Blackwood Way. We are a fast-paced growing organisation looking to recruit dynamic, ambitious people to help us continue delivering success for both the business and our customers.
IT support Analyst
Would you like an opportunity to become a part of a thriving business ?
We are looking for an enthusiastic , individual to join the Business support department. Our IT Support Function is subcontracted out , but we require on the ground assistance for our employees working remotely or operating from one of our three sites. You will be expected to work closely with our IT subcontractor reporting IT, network and performance issues and to assist them in diagnosis and trouble shooting.
Ultimately you will be responsible for the smooth running of good performance of IT in the business.
The role will include:
- Serving as the first internal point of contact for IT support.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining software and hardware components across all sites.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues.
- Ensuring the security of company and server computers.
- Supporting people whenever they encounter challenges with computers and network devices.
- Maintaining and updating technical documentation.
- A mix of remote and ‘hands on’ support.
- Testing new hardware and software before installation.
- Supporting Home workers remotely.
- Supporting Belgium employees remotely.
- Assisting with IT and site projects.
- End user training.
- Recommending and purchasing IT equipment.
- IT Asset management
- Any general administration required for the business.
- Any other requirements as requested by your line manager
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess analytical skills for diagnosing, resolving, and preventing infrastructure problems.
- Be service oriented.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to work in a team environment on projects and support issues.
- Hold a valid Driver’s License
- Be prepared to travel between three UK sites based at Aberbeeg and Blaina and Blackwood.
- Have a strong interest in IT and technology
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer satisfaction
- Understanding of basic GDPR principles
- 5 GCSE’S A – C or above and at least a B or above in ICT
- Knowledge of operating systems
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for IT support and a strong customer service mindset, we encourage you to apply. Join our team of professionals and contribute to the success of our organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
- Bereavement leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- aberbeeg: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- GCSE or equivalent (preferred)
- Technical support: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person/on site
To apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com