Full Time | Permanent | Abertillery, South Wales
We are looking for a driven forward-thinking person who can lead the business systems department into the next phase of development.
This is an exciting opportunity as the business has grown rapidly in the last few years’ and we now operate across 3 sites based in Aberbeeg, Blaina (Blaenau Gwent) and Dilsen (Belgium).
You will be working directly for the Finance and HR Director to build a team that can deliver on the business systems objectives.
As the lead you will be expected to use your problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to solve our organisation’s challenges to develop and improve systems. The role will require you to work with other department managers and cross functional teams to review information technology infrastructure and identify areas of improvements. Project management is essential as delivering change and improvement projects is key.
Business Systems has the role of overseeing the IT functions of the Company. We will require you to supervise ‘the first line response person’ and work with our external IT support company who manage the network and server infrastructure.
Department Lead Role
- Ensure that the department has adequate resources in place to meet the needs of the business and the departmental objectives.
- Have expert knowledge of the industry best practice and stay up to date with advances
- Ensure a high level of efficiency throughout all processes
- Promote excellence in communication, teamwork, proactive attitude to problem solving
- Produce departmental analysis to support with effective decision making
- Supervising a small team, carrying out annual reviews.
- Aligning IT infrastructure with current and future business requirements and goals.
- Understanding what our current systems have to offer and how we can utilise to maximise efficiencies for the Company and within departments
- Keeping up with technical advances and understanding how new technology could advance the business, implementing the right system at the right time.
- Researching and analysing our company’s processes, developing reports to senior management and overseeing project implementation
- Training the organisation’s staff and improving the organisation’s operational processes to enhance its productivity
- Overseeing the implementation of projects from beginning to end while ensuring that it meets the business needs
- Communicating with senior management about interruptions and other frustrations impacting their workflow
- Creating detailed plans for the implementation of new processes, including budgets and other resources required.
- Responsible for all internal systems (Winman/CRM/Flow)
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs grade C or above
- Experience of working in a growing and demanding business systems department as a department lead or data analyst
- Experience in supervising team members
- Project management skills, be able to demonstrate you have delivered the results.
- You will have an interest in and good understanding of the technology world.
- You will have good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with colleagues.
- You will have a mature attitude and an evidence-based approach to decision making.
- Proven experience of taking responsibility, motivating yourself and others to keep systems running smoothly and continually improving
- You will need excellent references
- You will have a driving license and passport and be prepared to travel occasionally (if and when necessary).
- Degree or equivalent qualification in computing, software engineering, computer systems engineering or similar.