Full Time | Permanent | Aberbeeg, Gwent | Hybrid
Our growing company needs an experienced and resourceful Customer Account Manager to identify, develop and implement growth opportunities and clients in existing and new markets.
This role will be primarily account management with an element of securing new business opportunities through existing customers.
We are searching for an individual with a track record of creating long-term value for organisations, who is customer-obsessed and ready to solve the changing needs of our clients.
Candidates should have strong account management, communication, negotiation, analytical, numerical and leadership skills.
- Identify, qualify, and secure business opportunities
- Understand client needs and offer solutions and support
- Answer potential client questions and follow-up call questions; responding to client requests for quotes (RFQ’s).
- Account manage and develop a small portfolio of key clients.
- Maintain fruitful relationships with clients and address their needs effectively.
- Collaborate with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting; maintaining short and long-term business development plans.
- Reviewing and understanding of technical drawings at a basic level.
- Collaborate with the wider business to secure, retain, and grow accounts.
- Delivering presentations to potential clients at face-to-face and online meetings.
- Maintain a sales pipeline of new opportunities and enquiries.
- Update all sales administration in the company CRM/ERP software.
- Research the market and potential products and customers.
- Communicate with new/potential customers in their own preferred communication method.
- Market intelligence on the UK, Asia and European Foundry Industry.
- Make accurate, rapid cost calculations and provide customers with quotations.
- Negotiate on price, costs, delivery, and specifications with potential buyers.
- Review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed KPI’s.
- Attend team meetings and share best practice with colleagues.
- Analysing and reporting on opportunities and threats to the business.
- Foster a collaborative environment within the organisation.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience in account management.
- Experience crafting spreadsheets and other data collection/presentation methods
- Experience in reviewing and understanding technical drawings is preferable but not essential.
- Experience in the manufacturing/engineering sector is preferable but not essential.
- Stellar written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop good relationships with current and potential clients.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Knowledge of productivity tools and software.
- High attention to detail and a focus on fact-based decision making.